French Roulette is basically a casino game in the gambling industry. Its name is taken from the French language, which means little wheel. Being interesting in nature, the player has to place the bet on either the single number or different range of numbers. He has to choose the colour either red or black and the even and odd number and if the numbers are ranging high (19-36) or low (01-18). The dealer (croupier) appointed at the spinning table of roulette, spins the table to determine the winning number and the colour and spins the ball in the opposite direction. The ball tends to lose the momentum and falls in one of the numbered pockets on the wheel and please visit for more info.
There are enormous theories about the origin of this game but Roulette became popular in Paris around the 1700s. The Blanc twins were responsible for enhancing the feature of this game by adding 0 to provide a house edge to the game. At that time gambling was an illegal offense in France. So they introduced French Roulette to Germany and Luxembourg. It gained immense popularity and was legalized by the Prince of Monaco and it was decided to open the first and only legalized the casino in Monte Carlo. Nowadays, with the emerging technologies these gambling platforms are available online as casino real money apps.
Physics about Roulette Table:
With increased popularity of gambling games around the world, many changes were made in the original design of the Roulette table and wheel. Nowadays there are basically two designs named as the American wheel layout and the European wheel layout. Let’s check some the key differences in these two designs.
- American Wheel Layout:
The American Wheel has 38 pockets and the house edge is -5.26%. The order of the numbers on this particular wheel is; 0, 28, 9, 26, 30, 11, 7, 20, 32, 17, 5, 22, 34, 15, 3, 24, 36, 13, 1, 00, 27, 10, 25, 29, 12, 8, 19, 31, 18, 6, 21, 33, 16, 4, 23, 35, 14, 2.
- European Wheel Layout:
On the other hand the European wheel has 38 pockets with the housing edge of -2.7%. The order of numbers in this wheel are; 0, 32, 15, 19, 4, 21, 2, 25, 17, 34, 6, 27, 13, 36, 11, 30, 8, 23, 10, 5, 24, 16, 33, 1, 20, 14, 31, 9, 22, 18, 29, 7, 28, 12, 35, 3, 26.
Significantly the wheel which exhibits most predictable spins is favoured the most and generally gamblers go for European wheel and the greater the house edge means that you have lower the chance of winning.
The Betting Table layout:
Roulette tables are well designed to carry the weight of the roulette wheel, which nearly weighs around 80 kg. The wheel should be perfectly labelled to able the proper movement without any hindrance. It is often seen that player usually lean on the roulette table which affects the dominant diamond. So, these things are well noticed while manufacturing the roulette table.
The table layout is much similar to both American and European wheels. The key difference on the American table is the addition of the 00 pocket in the assigned area. Another difference comes with the types of bets that are made by the players.
Types of Bets and Chip Placements:
- Straight (1 number):35-1 (The player pays for the original bet PLUS 35 Units)
- Split (2 numbers):17-1 payout (The player pays for the original bet PLUS 17 Units)
- Street (3 numbers):11-1 payouts (The player pays for the original bet PLUS 11 Units)
- Square (4 numbers):8-1 payouts (The player pays for the original bet PLUS 8 Units)
- Six Line (6 numbers):5-1 payout (The player pays for the original bet PLUS 5 Units)
- Colours (18 numbers):1:1 payout (The player pays for the original bet PLUS 1 Units)
- Dozens (12 numbers):2-1 payout (The player pays for the original bet PLUS 2 Units)
- Highs/ Lows (1-18 or 19- 36):1-1 payouts (The player pays for the original bet PLUS 1 Units)
- Odds / Evens (18 numbers):1-1 payouts (The player pays for the original bet PLUS 1 Units)
- Columns (12 numbers):2-1 payout (The player pays for the original bet PLUS 2 Units)
Every player has its unique strategy for betting on roulette tables. There are outside bets, inside bets etc. We have enlisted some of the winning combinations that one should surely consider before gambling.
These bets are concentrated on the perimeter of the roulette table. Here the bets are made on a group of numbers and colours rather than on the specific number.
- Red/ Black:It specifies that the bet you have made whether a red or black number will win.
- Odd/ Even:Here you are betting o even or odd number will win.
- High/ Low: The player bets here on the number selected will fall within 1-18(low) or 19-36(high)
- Columns:This bet is based on the number selected should come in any of the three columns.
- Dozens:This bet specifies the number in the set of dozens arranged on the roulette table.
On making inside bets the player has to focus within the rectangle where we find all the numbers.
- Straight up:In this bet, the player can choose any random number. If the ball lands on your number you win and vice-versa.
- Split:This is the complete opposite of the straight bet. Here we bet on the line separating each number.
- Street:This type of bet is made on any number of a row like 1, 2, 3 and you bet on 2.
- Corner:This bet is quite similar to the split but here we get four numbers to bet on one.
- Line:This bet is similar to the street bet, but here we cover 2 rows of 3 numbers.
- Basket:In this combination you have to bet on the numbers 0-1-2-3 also called as first four.